Deep cleaning your bathroom can be exhausting, especially when you have grime built up. Genie Bath Systems is San Antonio’s choice for bathroom remodeling from dedicated professionals. We know some of the best tips to help make cleaning a breeze!
Find Ways to Continually Clean Your Bathtub
In order to prevent problems from spiraling, you should create helpful cleaning habits. Some of the best ways to care for your bathtub include:
- Creating a Cleaning Schedule: Perhaps one of the easiest ways to keep up to date with your bathtub maintenance is with a schedule. Cleaning out leftover body wash, hair, and any other dirt you may not see prevents built-up. Leave deep-cleaning days for a weekend when you’ll have more time.
- Drying Your Bathroom: Caulking and seams are a favorite spot for mold and mildew growth. Drying your tub with a squeegee or microfiber towel prevents water from seeping in, especially around corners.
- Ventilating Your Bathroom: Open a window or door and leave your ceiling vent running to effectively ventilate the room. Otherwise, you risk moisture damage.
- Using Delicate Items: Abrasive tools can cause permanent scratches in your tub. Instead, use soft items like a microfiber towel or gentle sponge to clean.
Maintain Your Tub to Avoid Excessive Damage
One of the most important ways to maintain the performance of your bathtub is by avoiding damaging practices. You can do this by:
- Avoiding Stains: Don’t put items that stain directly onto your tub. Purple shampoo, hair dye, and any other products with bright colors should be stored in an area that won’t leave rings or spill onto your bathtub.
- Taking Care of Problems Right Away: Don’t let minor chips or stains build up. Cleaning and refinishing your tub is a cost-effective way to prevent the need for an entire replacement bathtub installation down the line.
- Finding a Local Contractor: Damage to your tub can be unseen. If your water pressure is low or your bath isn’t draining properly, hire a plumber who can fix the problem right away.
Learn About Antimicrobial Acrylic Bathtubs
If it’s time for a bathroom remodel, look for a bathtub installation that’s easy to care for. Genie has quality acrylic bathtubs, showers, and accessible bath systems that require little maintenance. Our antimicrobial technology allows you to enjoy your bath without worrying about fades and cracks over time. Fill out our online form or give us a call today to learn more about our cost-effective, premium bath solutions!
Subscribe to Genie Bath Systems’s Blog